Leakage collection system for condensing or mixed phase leakage with a contacting containment seal.
This is a collection system integrating secondary containment seals for process fluids that condense at low temperatures.
- Used with Arrangement 2 seals. May be used with a buffer gas (Plan 72) or without a buffer gas (Plan 71).
- Ensure that the line to the vapor collection system is open and an orifice is present to generate back pressure.
- Leakage collection system should always be mounted below pump centerline.
- Provides an indication of seal performance based on leakage accumulation.
- Avoids direct leakage of pumped media into the atmosphere.
- Liquid and vapor leakage are both collected and separated.
- Excessive leakage and increased pressure can signal an alarm.
- Normal condensing leakage may trigger the alarm over extended periods of time; system requires scheduled draining of reservoir.
- Integrated pressure instruments detect pressure build-up indicating seal leakage or failure
- Requires operators to manually monitor and drain leak collectors as needed
- Normal condensing leakage might trigger false alarms