World’s First Split Cartridge Mechanical Seal
Flex-A-Seal developed the Style 85 Split Cartridge Mechanical Seal to provide the easiest installation found anywhere in the world. After simply attaching two halves over the shaft, the seal mounts to the equipment like any other cartridge seal. It doesn’t get any easier than that! The Style 85 is the only split cartridge mechanical seal in the world in which just two pieces are handled, eliminating the need to touch sensitive lapped faces. Both sealing faces are secured safely in cartridge halves and cannot be cocked, chipped or scarred. The design of the Style 85 is like no other on the market. While most split mechanical seals are mounted outside the stuffing box and are designed to function like an outside seal, the Style 85 was engineered as a true, fully split cartridge mechanical seal. It is a hydraulically balanced, stationary multi-spring design that is primarily mounted outside the stuffing box. These features allow the centrifugal force to keep the solids away from the seal faces while maintaining the ability to handle higher speeds, internal pressures and misalignment. No need to worry about solids, as the springs are protected and out of the product to eliminate clogging. The static shaft sleeve “o” ring is positioned outside of the stuffing box to assure a good sealing surface, even on worn packing sleeves! In addition, the Style 85 is the only split cartridge mechanical seal that can be fully assembled and pressure tested at the factory. This ensures the sealing integrity of each seal completely before it is sent to the field. The Flex-A-Seal Style 85 Split Cartridge Mechanical Seal …Fast, Simple and Reliable!
The Style 85 Split Cartridge Mechanical Seal Reduces Downtime for Challenging and Time-Consuming Installations
- The easiest installation of any split cartridge mechanical seal in the world: Simply attach 2 halves over the shaft and mount to the pump like any other cartridge seal.
- Only split cartridge mechanical seal in the world in which just two pieces are handled: No handling of lapped faces as both are secured safely in cartridge halves. Faces can’t be cocked, chipped or scarred.
- Only split cartridge mechanical seal in which the impeller can be adjusted without removing the seal: Simply reinstall setting clips, release set screws and adjust impeller position then re-tighten set screws and remove the clips.
- The only split cartridge mechanical seal fully assembled and pressure tested at the factory: We ensure the sealing integrity of each Style 85 before is sent to the field. This process gives your installation an even higher success rate.
- No measurements, no shims, no special tools, no glue: Standard cartridge setting clips assures proper axial and radial alignment and makes installation even easier.
|1 3/4“-3” |
|350ºF (175ºC)||3600 RPM||250 PSI |
|3 1/8”-3 3/4” |
|350ºF (175ºC)||1800 RPM||200 PSI |
|3 7/8”-4 3/4“ |
|350ºF (175ºC)||1800 RPM||150 PSI |
(125mm) and above
|350ºF (175ºC)||875 RPM||100 PSI |
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flex-A-Seal if in doubt.
For more information on style 85
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flex-A-Seal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.