Recirculation from pump discharge through a flow control orifice to the seal chamber.
This is the default seal plan for all Arrangement 1 and 2 seals.
- Default seal flush plan for all Arrangement 1 and 2 seals.
- Fluid flows from the seal chamber back into the process stream.
- Important to determine the required flush flow rate (especially for high-head applications) and select proper orifice and throat bushing dimensions to assure adequate flow.
- Can be used without a flow control orifice for some low differential head or high viscosity applications.
- Provides cooling for the seal.
- Vents air or vapors from the seal chamber in horizontal pumps.
- Applicable for all general duties with sufficient pressure differential.
- Polymerizing fluids can cause clogging of the orifice and piping.
- Should not be used with fluids which are at risk of freezing, thickening, or solidifying in external piping.
- Will provide adequate cooling for seals
- Effective air or vapor venting in horizontal pumps
- Useful as a general duties plan
- Using polymerizing fluids with this seal plan will lead to clogging of the orifice and pumps
- Not suitable for use with fluids that might freeze or thicken within external piping