Open-ended or tapered seal chamber.
Seal flush Plan 03 is used in applications where collection of solids within the seal chamber is anticipated. Commonly referred to as a “taper bored” seal chamber, the seal chamber shape creates a velocity profile that expels solids and circulates cool fluid to the seal.
- Circulation between the pump and seal chamber is driven by the geometry or flow enhancement features in the seal chamber.
- Used in applications where solids would collect in a traditional cylindrical seal chamber.
- Flush port is plugged.
- Provides cooling for the seal without use of any external hardware or piping.
- Vents air or vapors from the seal chamber in horizontal pumps.
- No throat bushing.
- Control of the seal chamber environment is limited.
- The seal chamber is not self-venting in vertical applications.
- May not be recommended in applications with high seal chamber pressures and/or temperatures.
- Maintenance of cool seal environment without the need for external piping
- Works well with horizontal pumps
- Zero throat bushing
- Limited control over the seal chamber environment
- Might be unsuitable for high pressure applications