Mechanical Seal Style 53A
Heavy Duty Rotating Metal Bellows Cartridge Seal
For Medium Temperature and Dirty Critical Services
The Flexaseal Style 53 cartridge seal is specifically designed for ruggedness and durability to withstand higher temperature or dirty services The rotating bellows is self-cleaning for greater reliability in dirty services.
Multiple bellows materials available based on process conditions and fluids. Double Ply bellows designs for higher pressures.
Static elastomers throughout for elimination of o-ring abrasion and energized face hang up.
The Style 53 cartridge seal is uniquely customizable to your specific application requirements. API 682 Compliant options are also available.
API 682 Arrangement 1
Type B Seal
- Heavy duty cartridge design
- Self-cleaning rotating bellows
- Hydraulically balanced
- Multi-point injection arrangement
- Piloted gland to positively center seal assembly
- Flush, quench, drain gland with 1/2″ NPT for process side and 3/8″ NPT for atmospheric side to help eliminate improper piping assembly
- Carbon floating bushing
- Metal-to-metal confined gland gasket
- Double ply bellows designs available for higher pressures
|Max Temp:||400ºF (200ºC)|
|Max Pressure:||300 PSI (20 bar)|
|Max Speed:||4500 FPM (23 m/sec)|
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flexaseal Engineered Seals and Systems, LLC if in doubt.
For more information on style 53A
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flexaseal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.