ANSI Seal VRB3/VBRB3
ANSI Rotating Welded Metal Bellows Single Cartridge Seal
Product Line Features
- Simple cartridge seal installation.
- Sleeve is isolated from process fluid.
- 3/8″ NPT flush connection allows for cooling and venting of seal.
- 1/4″ NPT vent and drain connections provide differential sizing to minimize the potential of improper piping.
- Non-sparking throttle bushing is positively retained to avoid pressure blow out, minimizing leakage in the event of seal failure.
- Vantage seal glands include flush, vent, and drain connections and a close-clearance, non-sparking throttle bushing to direct any leakage to the drain connection.
- Flush, vent, and drain connections available to be piped at multiple locations.
- Angled gland connections allow for easier pipe fitting.
- Setting clips provide positive axial and radial settingof the Vantage cartridge seal to ensure proper seal installation. The Vantage setting clips are easy to access for simple removal.
- Convertible gland design to accept over four (4) design configurations.
- Rotating design uses centrifugal force for self-cleaning
- Uniform 360° transfer of torque to the rotating face
- Welded metal bellows replace the dynamic elastomer which can hang up the seal faces
- No springs to clog or break
- No fretting
- Only three (3) static elastomers – eliminate seal failures caused by dynamic O-ring “hang up” and offers cost savings when upgrading to Perfluorelastomers.
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
|Rotating Seal Face:||Carbon, Tungsten Carbide, Sintered Silicon Carbide|
|Stationary Seal face:||Sintered Silicon Carbide|
|Elastomers:||Viton®, Ethylene Propylene, Aflas®, Buna, Neoprene, Perfluorelastomer|
|Gland Gasket:||Glass-filled Teflon™|
|Throttle Bushing:||Glass-filled Teflon™|
|Pressure:||300 PSI (20 Bar)|
Note: Maximum temperature/speed/pressure/runout indicates operating extremes independently and does not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time.
Viton® – Dupont Performance Elastomers; Aflas® – Asahi Glass Co.;
Teflon® – E.I.Dupont de Nemours and Co; Hastelloy® – Haynes International, Inc.
For more information on the ANSI VRB3/VBRB3
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flexaseal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.