Sturdy Single Spring Component Seal
Mechanical Seal Style 17
The single spring design to keep the sealing faces in contact and positively transmits the drive evenly 360º around the full circumference of the rotary face. This is accomplished by specially designed ends of the spring, which provide an interference fit. Then as the shaft rotates the spring ends further increase their grip. This compression spring is wound either right or left hand depending on shaft rotation.
- Non-clogging design
- Simple assembly
- Can handle more axial movement
- Unbalanced design ideal for low pressure applications
- Available in inch and metric sizes
- Standard 316 stainless steal metal parts with Monel™ & Hastelloy® C276 options available
- Carbon, nickel-bound tungsten carbide, silicon carbide and bronze faces available
- Cartridge design available (Mechanical Seal Style 57)
|Max Temp:||400°F (204°C)|
|Max Pressure:||150 PSI (10 bar)|
|Max Speed:||4500 FPM (22 m/sec)|
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flex-A-Seal if in doubt.
For more information on Style 17
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flex-A-Seal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.