Metal Reinforced Non-Metallic Products (Flex-A-Gard)
Flex-A-Gard Bar Screen Rakes & Conversion Parts
With the use of polyurethane rakes you can now use non-metallic chain on your bar screen.
Flex-A-Gard steel reinforced polyurethane bar screen rakes are designed and proven to operate in the harsh abrasive and corrosive environments found in bar screen systems. The Flex-A-Gard rakes are constructed from a proprietary blend of polyurethane molded around a L-shape steel support bar. The rakes are made in segments and are attached to a 304 Stainless Steel angle bracket with stainless steel hardware. The rakes teeth are constructed in a manner to mesh properly with the bar screen rack.
Features and Benefits:
- Front and Back clean rakes can be designed for each specific application;
- With a 2/3 reduction in weight:
- Easier and faster to install or replace
- Adds considerable life to the chain and sprocket system that pulls the rake. It is not uncommon to add 2 to 3 times the life in a conventional system.
- No more rusting; Polyurethane rakes are resistant to most chemicals found in waste water;
- Hooked tooth design greatly adds to the rakes ability to remove trash from the rack;
- Rakes are supplied in sections which significantly reduces replacement costs since only the damaged section can be easily replaced versus replacing the entire metal rake.