Single Heavy Duty API Stationary Multi-Spring Cartridge Seal
Mechanical Seal Style 58
- Stationary design for maximum face alignment
- Robust and reliable seal face drive
- Hydraulically balanced
- Dynamic O-ring moves to a clean surface
- Springs located out of product to prevent clogging and hang-up
- Rugged high pressure construction
- API compliant with piloted gland to positively center seal assembly and metal-to-metal confined gland gasket which prevents blow out or extrusion of the gland packing.
- Gland with flush, quench and drain connections with a throttle bushing, for added safety.
- Carbon floating bushing option available
- API 682 Type A Arrangement 1 available
- Multi-point injection feature available which ensures maximum uniformity of cooling around the entire circumference of the sealing faces, thus eliminating face distortion due to uneven cooling. Ideal for boiler feed and light flashing hydrocarbon services.
- Thicker cartridge sleeve construction to eliminate distortion due to tightening of set screws.
- Gland NPT connections: 1/2″ NPT for process side and 3/8″ NPT for atmospheric side to help prevent improper installation.
|Max Temp:||550ºF (290ºC)|
|Max Pressure:||1200 PSI (80 bar)|
|Max Speed:||10,000 FPM (50 m/sec)|
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flex-A-Seal if in doubt.
For more information on style 58
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flex-A-Seal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.