Mechanical Seal Style 59A
Heavy Duty Rotating Multi-Spring Single Cartridge Seal
For API 682 Applications
The Flexaseal Style 59A is designed specifically to conform to API 682 Category 2 Applications for Midstream and Downstream Oil and Gas Applications. Standard design features include:
- Oversized Monolithic Seal Faces for superior heat dissipation and durability.
- Circumferential Flush System to evenly distribute cooling flush flow around the seal faces.
- Convertible Outboard Bushing for fixed, floating and segmented designs to allow for all types of secondary leakage capture.
- Tang Drive System for reliable face torque transfer and reduced O-Ring hang up.
- Heavy Duty Springs to mitigate process debris clogging and reduce spring quantity.
The 59A is also available with contacting and noncontacting secondary sealing. The Flexaseal FC seal (Available as 59A/FC) provides decades of proven operational reliability as a contacting secondary seal. The Flexaseal FGSA (Available as 59A/FGSA) is our newest lift-off design for API applications that require a noncontacting secondary seal.
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
|Faces:||Premium Grade Resin and Antimony Impregnated Carbons; Nickel Bound Tungsten Carbide; Sintered and Graphite-Loaded Silicon Carbide|
|Elastomers:||FKM, EPDM, TFEP, Buna, Neoprene, Perfluoroelastomers|
|Metal Parts:||316 and 17-4 Stainless Steel Other options available: Super Duplex Stainless Steel, Alloy C-276|
|Max Temp:||550°F (290°C)|
|Max Pressure:||450 PSIG|
|Max Speed:||10,000 FPM (50m/sec)|
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flexaseal Engineered Seals and Systems, LLC if in doubt.
For more information on the style 59A
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flexaseal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.