Refinery / API
Mechanical upsets and the resulting downtime may incur huge economic losses for the refinery as well as all the industries dependent on its petroleum products. Flex-A-Seal understands the importance of quickly and effectively meeting the needs of this industry.
- Emission controls for VHAP
- Flashing Hydrocarbon
- Toxic and Flammable
- Abrasive-laden fluids
- High speeds
- High pressures
- Temperatures up to 800º F (430 ºC)
- API designs for industry compliance and plant safety.
- Hydraulically balanced design – reduce face loading and the subsequent generated heat which allows for higher pressure capabilities.
- Rotating and Stationary Designs.
- Welded Metal Bellows Design - has no dynamic elastomer to hang up in product.
- Metal Bellows metallurgy specific for high and low temperature usage.
- Heavy Duty Multi Spring Designs
- Multi Point Injection to insure maximum sealing face cooling.
- Primary and secondary sealing combinations for abrasive resistance and superior heat conductivity.
- Premium hard face option - Silicon carbide versus nickel bound tungsten carbide effectively seals abrasive, gritty and crystallizing applications.
- Antimony impregnated carbon - the thermal conductivity is almost double that of standard carbon grades. Antimony takes the place of standard carbon resins and won’t ‘bake out’ in higher temperatures. Antimony impregnated carbon also experiences less face distortion at higher pressures due to its higher compression strength.
- Heat treated welded metal bellows core - to handle higher temperature and pressure sealing needs.
- Grafoil Packing - withstands temperatures well above O-ring materials and complies with API 682 standard (ISO 21049).
- Dual & Tandem seals to address emissions concerns.
- Pumping Rings to maximize the flow of cooling fluid by the seal faces to dissipate the heat generated.
- Dual seals available with double balance design for reverse pressure capability.