World’s Only Split Cartridge Seal (US Patent No. 5662340)
Mechanical Seal Style 85
The Style 85 Split Cartridge Seal Reduces Downtime for Challenging and Time-Consuming Installations
- The easiest installation of any split seal in the world: Simply attach 2 halves over the shaft and mount to the pump like any other cartridge seal.
- Only split seal in the world in which just two pieces are handled: No handling of lapped faces as both are secured safely in cartridge halves. Faces can’t be cocked, chipped or scarred.
- Only split seal in which impeller can be adjusted without removing the seal: Simply reinstall setting clips, release set screws and adjust impeller position then retighten set screws and remove the clips.
- The only split seal fully assembled and pressure tested at the factory: We ensure the sealing integrity of each Style 85 before is sent to the field. This process gives your installation an even higher success rate.
- No measurements, no shims, no special tools, no glue: Standard cartridge setting clips assures proper axial and radial alignment and makes installation even easier.
|350ºF (175ºC)||3600 RPM||250 PSI
|3 1/8”-3 3/4”
|350ºF (175ºC)||1800 RPM||200 PSI
|3 7/8”-4 3/4“
|350ºF (175ºC)||1800 RPM||150 PSI
(125mm) and above
|350ºF (175ºC)||875 RPM||100 PSI
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flex-A-Seal if in doubt.
For more information on style 85
Depending on your specific needs and application, Flex-A-Seal can help you identify the ideal products. Contact us to tell us about your needs and request a quote.