Single Rotating Multi Spring Cartridge with Circulation Gland
High Value at Low Cost for economic installations
- Part of Flex-A-Seal’s integrated/platform single cartridge seal design;
- Patent pending Plunger-Lock drive;
- The RS is hydraulically balanced.
- It has a monolithic face with homogenous material;
- A unique shrouded rotary virtually eliminates any seal clogging in the stuffing box;
- Drive mechanisms, springs and the sleeve are isolated from the product, minimizing corrosion and stress-related failure.
- The seal faces are positioned in the gland for maximum protection;
- A dynamic elastomer moves on a non-metallic surface and eliminates fretting;
- The flush position maximizes face cooling;
- Fits ANSI standard and big bore pumps;
- Smart design can save money;
- Metric sizes are available.
- All the benefits of the RS1 design plus vent and drain gland with throttle bushing
- Pipe connections are made to different sizes to assure that correct piping plans are employed
- Cost-effective “upgrade”
Max Temp - 400ºF (204ºC)
Max Pressure - 300 PSI (20 bar)
Max Speed - 4500 FPM (22 m/sec)
Note: Max Temperature / pressure / speed indicate operating extremes independently and do not imply the seal will function at these extremes at the same time. Contact Flex-A-Seal if in doubt.