Metal Reinforced Non-Metallic Products (Flex-A-Gard)
Flex-A-Gard Steel Reinforced Polyurethane Chain
For over 20 years the Flex-A-Gard chain has been field proven to add years to the life of equipment operating in the most difficult abrasive and corrosive environments found in Municipal and Industrial waste treatment systems including refineries. This outstanding success has been achieved by replacing many systems using metal or plastic chain. Metal chain fails primary due to abrasive wear and corrosion overtime and is very difficult to work with due to its weight. While plastic chain addressed the metal chains primarily failure modes, but creates other new problems due to its limited pull strength and excessive stretching.
The Flex-A-Gard Chain achieved this remarkable success by combining the strength of metal with the abrasive and corrosion resistance of polyurethane. This winning combination is constructed by casting a proprietary blend of polyurethane around two steel support bars welded together with two steel stabilizer tabs.
Flex-A-Gard 720PS Pintle Chain
- Three to five times the service life over any other chain on the market;
- Reduction in maintenance time required to keep chain systems running;
- Resistant to grit and abrasive wear;
- Corrosion resistant;
- Virtually no pin, barrel and backside wear;
- Substantial weight reduction of almost 40% when compared to metal chain (5.2lbs/ft to 3.15 lbs/ft);
- Ability to run on metal or plastic sprockets;
- Over three times the strength of plastic chain;
- Can be linked to many different attachment links used on various systems;
- Corrosion resistant Stainless Steel pins and coffer pins for ease of assembly and disassembly.
This is a heavy duty version of the 720PS chain with over five times the strength. The increase in strength comes from the thicker and stronger 4130 Heat Treated side bars welded together with four stabilizing tabs and ¾ diameter pins.View Drawings
Flex-A-Gard Attachment Links
When chain is used in Bar Screens, Grit Collectors, Rectangular Clarifiers and Dissolved Air Flotation (D.A.F.) systems the attachment links are used to connect it to front or back clean rakes, buckets, or drag out flights. Like the 720PS chain all of the Flex-A-Gard attachment links are constructed by casting a proprietary blend of polyurethane around a rugged welded metallic skeleton.
Flex-A-Gard Attachment Links available:
Other Attachment Links can use designed to meet specific needs.